4Cs was selected as one of the 45 organizations to participate in the structured dialogue on "Culture and the sustainable development goals: Challenges and Opportunities".
The Dialogue Meeting will take place on the 11.02.2021 and these are the five suggested areas of discussion:
· Education. What can the EU do to support arts education and citizenship education to promote peaceful, inclusive and sustainable societies?
· Growth and employment. How can the EU help improve working conditions for artists? How should it support the International Year of Creative Economy for Sustainable Development? How should sustainable cultural tourism be promoted? (See also the findings of the previous Voices of Culture dialogue on developing entrepreneurial and innovation potential).
· Sustainable communities. While there has been significant EU action to protect and safeguard cultural and natural heritage, particularly in the context of the 2018 European Year and its follow-up, are there other areas of culture policy where the EU could/should do more? For example, what more could/should the EU do to promote the sustainability of cultural infrastructures in communities, in light of COVID-19?
· Climate action. How should the EU support the cultural sector in strengthening resilience and adapting to climate change?
· Freedom of expression. What more should the EU do to protect artists at risk, and to promote freedom of expression and the right to culture in the European Union and around the world?
Complete list of participants:
- Architects’ Council of Europe
- 4Cs: from Conflict to Conviviality through Creativity and Culture
- ASSITEJ International Association of Theatre for Children and Young People
- Belarus Free Theatre
- British Council
- Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation
- CineRegio AISBL – European network of regional film funds
- City of Espoo
- Cluj Cultural Centre
- Create, the national development agency for collaborative arts in Ireland
- Culture Action Europe
- Culture et Développement
- Divadlo Radost
- European Association of the Via Francigena Ways
- European Music Council
- European Theatre Convention
- Europeana Foundation
- Fondazione Fitzcarraldo
- Green Music Initiative
- Hybrid Plattform (Technische Universität & University of the Arts Berlin)
- Ibero-American Foundation of Cultural & Creative Industries
- ICORN, International Cities of Refuge Network
- IETM – International network for contemporary performing arts
- Institut national du patrimoine
- International Council of Museums
- Kasta Morrely Association
- Ki Culture
- Kultura Nova Foundation
- Kulturos centras “In Actio”
- Le LABA
- LUCSUS – Lund University Center for Sustainable Studies
- Meeting Points Foundation
- MitOst e.V
- Network of European Museum Organisations
- PLEGMA NGO
- Pro Progressione
- RURITAGE H2020 Project
- Sistema Europe
- SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Trans Europe Halles
- United Cities and Local Governments – UCLG
- University of Aveiro – Institute of Ethnomusicology – Center for Studies on Music and Dance
- Uppsala Municipality
Voices of Culture provides a framework for discussions between cultural stakeholders and the European Commission.
For more information please visit here.